Protecting your personal information is important to Raw African Products referred to as (“Raw African”, “we”, “our” or “us”). We strive to maintain our customers’ trust.
What We Collect
The types of information we collect depend on the nature of your interaction with us. We may collect personal information such as:
- contact information such as your name, billing address, shipping address, telephone number, email address;
- account information such as username, password;
- order and refund history;
- payment information such as method of payment, credit and debit card information, amount paid, signature;
- demographic information such as age, language preferences and other demographic information;
- information about the devices you use to shop online;
- certain information and data that may be collected when you visit a Website, such as pages viewed, your IP address, browser information, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, connection speed, read time, display time, and number of clicks, cookies and other online identifiers, or information collected when you interact with us on social media sites or through our electronic communications such as e-newsletters;
- your image with cameras used in our stores to track store traffic;
You may choose not to provide us with your personal information. However, if you make this choice we may not be able to provide you with the product, service, or information that you requested.
In some cases, such as when you ask us to ship an order or you purchase a gift, we may collect information about someone other than you, such as the name, address, telephone number and email address of the recipient. You represent and warrant that you have the right and authority or have obtained all necessary consents to provide any information, including personal information of another individual, that is provided by you to Raw African.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with Raw African. Some examples include but are not limited to situations when you:
- create an account on our Website;
- order, purchase, exchange, return, or cancel an order for, any of our products or services, whether through a Website or in our retail stores;
- contact us, make an inquiry about any of our products or services or otherwise request information or assistance from us;
- communicate with our customer service representatives;
- sign up to receive catalogs and/or emails and information about new and limited edition products, special offers, events or other news;
- participate in or respond to consumer survey or requests for consumer opinions, concerns or preferences regarding our products and services;
- engage with us on social media;
How We Use Your Personal Information
- to develop, enhance, improve, personalize, market, sell, or otherwise provide products, services or information;
- to administer your account;
- to conduct commercial transactions including to process and administer purchases, exchanges, returns or other transactions that you may engage in with Raw African, including at our stores or through our Services, and to communicate with you about those transactions;
- to contact you and respond to any requests or other communications that you may have had with us, including claims or requests for customer service;
- to provide you with catalogues and emails about products, special offers, events or other news (more information regarding our use of your email address is provided below in the section regarding “E-Newsletters and other Electronic Communications”);
- to summarize in an aggregate format for statistical and research purposes, including, without limitation, to provide portions of this aggregated information to vendors, service providers or consultants to, for example, gauge the level of interest in our Services, advertising campaigns and electronic communications, plan for Website infrastructure improvements and/or plan and evaluate marketing initiatives;
- to perform data analysis and help us improve and customize our product and service offerings, Services and customers’ experience;
E-Newsletters and other Electronic Communications
You can change your preferences or opt to not receive email marketing communications from us by clicking the unsubscribe link in any email communication from us, Please allow up to ten (10) days for your preferences to be processed. Even if you opt out of receiving email marketing messages, we may still contact you by email for transactional or account-related purposes like confirming or following up on a purchase, order or service request, responding to customer service inquiries, or notifying you of product recall information.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. If you would prefer to prevent your device from accepting our cookies, you may follow your internet browser’s steps for doing so on each device you use. Please note, however, that if you do disable cookies, you may not be able to shop on or access certain sections of our Websites. Also, your mobile device may not give you the ability to control cookies.
How We Disclose Your Personal Information
Raw African does not sell or rent our customers’ personal information to any third party. However, in the normal course of business we may share some of your personal information with our related parties and affiliates and with third parties acting on our behalf or as permitted or required by applicable law.
Related Parties and Affiliates
We may disclose or otherwise make available personal information to third party service providers for processing or other purposes that support or facilitate our business operations or provide services on our behalf, such as for shipping, payment card processing, supporting the content, operation and maintenance of our Websites, facilitating and collecting customer reviews, and conducting surveys, contests, sweepstakes and other promotions. We contractually require all such service providers to keep your information confidential and secure, and to have privacy policies and practices with respect to personal information that are comparable to ours.
Sale of Business
Raw African may disclose personal information we have about you in connection with a potential or actual purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or other type of acquisition, disposition or financing of all or part of our business or assets.
Raw African takes reasonable steps to protect personal information in our control against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, disclosure or misuse with administrative, technical and physical safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information.
Internet or wireless communications are never completely private or secure and there is always a risk that any messages or information you send to or through a website or by email may be intercepted by others.
If you create an account on a Website, you will need to set a password to access your online account. We strongly recommend that you set a strong password including a combination of letters (including a mix of upper and lower case), numbers and special characters, and do not disclose your password to anyone. Raw African will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication (including unsolicited correspondence such as letters, phone calls or email messages).
You should also be aware that certain aspects of the Websites are not confidential and are available for public viewing. For example, any submissions that you post to any publicly available online forum or blogs or other publicly available features of the Websites are not confidential and may be viewed by other users of the Websites. By making personal information publicly available where the Websites allow you to do so, you consent to such publication by Raw African or its service providers.
Raw African Products
Bldg. 40 Ahmed El Zomor st., Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt